Friday, May 27, 2011

What A Privilege It Is To Serve Our Great God

Ever since God smacked me up side the head and said "Janine...this is your mission field" (Giant Eagle checkout counter; Waiting room in hospital; Nurses caring for Rob...etc...) I have been asking God to show me His opportunities each day.

What a privilege it was to serve Him today......

Today was the boys last day of school and they went on a field trip to Waldameer. It also happens to be Ryan's 8th birthday :-) so there was a lot of excitement in the house. So this morning, Rob was trying to transfer himself from the wheelchair to the couch and his sock slipped on our hardwood floors and down he went right on his stump...OUCH!!! Praise God, he fell on the day we were to go to the surgeon for a follow up visit! So off we went to Greenville to see the doctor. Praise God Again...NO DAMAGE was done!

Rob was feeling rather spry after the surgeon so we went to the bank so he could do some banking business. He even accompanied me to a couple of appointments for work (he stayed in the car while I did my thing).

Then we went to WalMart to shop for Ryan's birthday presents. I am so proud of my husband for tackling this mountain of going out in public with one leg for the first time!!! We had a great time shopping for Ry. Then it was time to pick out the card.....

Here is where God set up an appointment for us!!!

I was digging through the graduation cards while Rob was looking for a birthday card for Ryan. This woman just kept standing back and glancing at the graduation cards. I finally finished and had my 4 cards and apologized that I kept getting in her way. She said "No problem, I've enjoyed the banter between you and your husband" (we were laughing at the dog cards...she even laughed along with us).

She then made a statement that they only had one card for Military graduation. She was carrying a flag and I told her to check the mall because Hallmark should have a better selection. I then asked who was graduating and she said her son. I said, "well congratulations! And please tell him that this family from home says 'Thank you, for fighting for our freedom' " At this point, she started to cry. I knew at that very second that God made this appointment!!! I hugged her right there in the middle of the card aisle. She said that she is frightened as any parent would be, but that he is so happy. So I asked what her son's name was and what her name was and I said that we would pray for them. She started to cry again and I just said...."Wait a second, we are going to pray RIGHT NOW!!!" So there I was hugging Miss Patty O'Neil and praying for comfort and peace that only our Great God can provide. I prayed for a hedge of protection around her son, Sean.

HOW AWESOME IS OUR GOD THAT HE ANSWERED MY PRAYER TO SHOW ME WHEN HE MAKES APPOINTMENTS FOR ME!

This is what we are called to do...not just recognize, but act upon His will for us even in the card aisle at WalMart!!!

WHAT A PRIVILEGE IT IS TO SERVE OUR GREAT GOD!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment