Tuesday, May 17, 2011

HIS Mercy Is New Every Day

This morning, I woke up and went through the motions of getting through the same old routine the boys and I have done a million times.....except Rob wasn't there when I aimlessly walked back into the bedroom to kiss him good-bye and wish him a great day. So I decided to take a deep breath and go to my side of the bed and get my Bible.

Now I know I am not the only one who does this, but I am so very greatful that my God knows exactly how I need to be spoken to in order to hear Him :)!

I played Bible Bingo...YEP! I said, "Lord, I really need to just simply hear from You. I need your strength because at this very second, I have no idea how to even put one foot in front of the other."

So I opened the Bible to Luke 12: 22 where all I needed to read was the heading of "DO NOT WORRY" I am so in love with my God!!! I had a wonderful peace just wash over me at that very moment and completely overflow as I read how He cares for even the sparrow so He will care for me. HOW GREAT IS OUR GOD!!!!

So I went to work and was able to enjoy my job for the first time in a very long while! I texted Rob a few times throughout the day, and he had not answered back so I did start to get a little concerned so I decided that I needed to be with him and went to the hospital. As soon as I arrived, I could see the pain was lifted from his face and a feeling of relief washed over me. They had just finished putting in his pic line so they can draw blood and give iv fluids and antibiotics to him. I asked him how he was doing and he said that they had him up and out of bed. He took a few steps (or "hops" in his case). He says it feels very strange as it feels like he wants to put his missing foot down, but it's not there. The sparkle is starting to reappear in his eyes.

Each and every day is going to get better. I am so greatful that God's Mercy is new EVERY day. That we don't have to repeat the brussel sprouts day of yesterday and that today we at least got to eat some chocolate cake:)

Every day, we ask that God would reveal himself to us through this storm. Here is another way He spoke to me today....

I got in the elevator to leave the hospital. There was a older woman in there and we talked about the weather, the hospital, and how the parking was terrible. I asked her if it was her husband in there and she said "Yes!". I asked what her husband's name was and she said "Tom". I said that I would pray for Tom and at that moment she grabbed my jacket and said "They are going to start dialysis on my husband tomorrow and I am so scared." ! I stopped and looked at her and said, "Margaret, my husband went through almost 2 years of dialysis. It is scary, but you will get through it and he will be better once they get those toxins out of him." I then took that very moment to pray with her right there in the rainy parking lot!!!!!

Our prayers have been answered. " Lord, please place us in front of people that we can show You to. Help us to be a light unto Your path." This woman, Margaret, could have been experiencing any number of medical issues with her husband, but it was dialysis which we have gone through. Don't EVER doubt that God will use something/anything that you are going through for HIS glory.

We are so humbled and honored to be the instruments that He uses. As my amazingly wonderful husband says to all of his nurses. " I rather this is me lying here than some one else who has no hope because they do not have a relationship with Jesus." We are so very fortunate to experience this kind of relationship with our God.

We thank you all again for lifting us up yesterday when we were so very weak. And we praise Him today for the Mercy He has granted us!

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome. What an adventure you are on. I'm so glad to hear his pain is finally under control. We were so concerned about that.

    ReplyDelete