Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Caretakers Prayer

My Jesus, I thank you for yet one more day with my loved one. I thank you for the privilege of being a part of his life. Help me, Dear Father, to this day be the anchor that this home needs. Help me be the pillow he falls on when weary, the rock he needs when he is weak. Show me how to provide comfort when there seems to be none. To be the light when the darkness looms.
Help me to pick him up when he is down.

And Father, protect my heart from harsh words spoken through pain. Through frustration that some times doesn't seem to end. Open my ears to only the words of peace and love and help me to filter those that are not spoken in love.

Thank you, Lord, for being the strength that I need when I am so very weary and worn out. When I am at wits end with exhaustion. I praise You for the moments of rest we find in You.

I pray tonight for all of the caretakers out there who get up and go even when the getting up part is so hard. I pray for rest and peace for these folks and I can say....I understand!

I certainly hope that no one who reads this would think that I am complaining. I am doing quite the opposite. Just as Rob is able to relate to others who suffer with chronic illnesses, I am able to empathize with those who care for the chronically ill. I pray that my experiences will be mightily used by God to lift the spirits of caretakers who may be doing this without the light and love of Jesus in their lives. Please pray for these folks. They may be smiling when they are truly silently suffering in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment