Monday, May 23, 2011

AWESTRUCK

I am simply and utterly standing amazed at how GREAT our God is!!!

It has been one week since I sat in this very same spot on my couch typing through exhaustion and desparation, trusting in what God has in store for the future, which we know is filled with hope!

On May 15th, my husband went to church with two legs. Yesterday, less than one week since the amputation, my husband returned to church praising God for his mercy and grace. Rob has been without pain medication for about 36 hours. His incision is text book! He is healing physically. But more than that, he is healing spiritually. I mean how can anyone go through all that he has and not be closer to our Lord?(myself included) You can just feel God's presence in our home and we are so overwhelmed at His gift of peace.

We are AWESTRUCK! Standing in awe of the peace that truly passes all understanding. According to the world, we should be devastated. We should be crying, sad, defeated, alone....BUT...we are NONE OF THOSE THINGS!!! Because of the love of our great God, we are JOYFUL, HAPPY, PEACEFUL, and even THANKFUL despite our circumstances.

This past week, we have experienced the POWER of prayer in a whole new way. We could not pray. We could not find the words, but all of our Christian family interceded for us. Sending up countless prayers as we go down this path. I've often caught myself wondering if God really hears me sometimes as I pray. We are receiving his bountiful love and peace as a result of your prayer. I doubt no more :-)!

We ask for continued prayer as we keep going down this path. Complete healing! Let's get him healed up so we can get off of this ride and board the next ride that takes us to the pancreas transplant and all of the people we can tell about God's greatness!!!!

HOW GREAT IS OUR GOD!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. That's Amazing, thanks for sharing this. I was so Happy to see you guys at church on Sunday. You both looked incredible.

    ReplyDelete