Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Remembering Fear Is NOT of God

Fear....each and every one of us has felt it. I feel it right now as I type this. It is an almost overwhelming fear. I try to stay calm, yet the fear trickles into the back of my mind and is virtually paralyzing.

On May 4th we found out that Rob has some blockage in his heart and needs to have a heart catherization and stint put in. That surgery is scheduled for Friday morning. Ever since that day, that blasted nagging fear has seeped into my very core without being invited. The strange part is that Rob (we) have been through so many other health issues, so why does this feel so different and fearful?

My throat is constricting as I even think of this...Rob shared with me that he felt "different" this time too. He started telling me about what I need to do with his stuff "just in case". I'm fearful of this because it feels so "different" for me too.

Maybe it is just the simple fact that we have been virtually NORMAL for the last year and a half and now it is a "here we go again" kind of fear....but it even feels different from that. I hate to give the adversary any glory, but I've had horrible thoughts this past week when planning appointments for next week with clients, thinking in the back of my mind that "I'll be there as long as I am not planning a funeral"

I just heard all of you gasp at that last comment......But really, which one of us knows when that day will come when God says it is time to graduate to heaven?

I am not afraid of death, nor is Rob. We both know that with Jesus is the best place to be.

So, for now, we will firmly stand on God's promise in Jeremiah 29:11..."I'll show up and take care of you as I promised and bring you back home. I know what I'm doing. I have it all planned out—plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for. (The Message)

Funny how I read God's word and I feel peace. I have no fear because He has my whole life planned and I have a future filled with HOPE!!!

Thank you for your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment