Saturday, July 16, 2011

"Normal" is just a setting on the dryer

First, thank you, Dawn Chute for allowing me to steal your Grandma's saying.

I was looking at a friends wedding album this morning and I found myself in tears. Tears of joy because she is such a sweet girl and so deserving of as much happiness as life can give her. I also had some tears in there as I was thinking of our wedding, although years ago. We never would have dreamed that we would be where we are today. Proof in itself that we are ultimately not in control of our lives.

God sets our "Normal". He knows when we need to tumble dry on high and when we just need to be on the fluff setting. I am so thankful that we have been tumbled and fluffed to be where we are in our "normal" today. Neither Rob nor I would change the things that have occurred in our lives. We are much better people despite those things.

We met a 76 year old man and his sweet wife at the hospital in Pittsburgh yesterday. He is battling the same BK virus that Rob is. As we talked, we found that age is just a number. This man was such an inspiration to us without even knowing it. He is such a kid at heart, just like Rob. He is into snowmobiling, just like Rob. In these two men (Rob and the older gentlman), there is such life and happiness. Life is not taken for granted because they have been granted life......Wow...I think I have to repeat that to myself to let it sink in....

LIFE IS NOT TAKEN FOR GRANTED BECAUSE THEY HAVE BEEN GRANTED LIFE!!!!!

But that same thing is true for all of us. We have been granted LIFE through Jesus. No one else died for you or I, but HIM.

I've kind of rattled on this morning, but I knew that God was prodding me to teach me and I, again am amazed at how He has used "normal" life to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment