Sunday, May 23, 2010

Has It Really Been 4 Years?

I went to a dinner at the church tonight to honor all the graduating seniors. Crystal is graduating!!! This is really starting to become, well, REAL! I have watched this immature, lost, scared, loveable, distant, unique girl of 14 blossom into this dynamic, beautiful, self assured, Christ follower, young woman of 18.

HAS IT REALLY BEEN 4 YEARS???????

I listened to the youth pastor talk and I felt sorry for myself. I felt like it wasn't fair that all these other parents in the room had time....time that I didn't get, time that she didn't get. Would that extra "time"have made a difference in the relationship we now have? Would extra "time" have allowed me to instill more into this beautiful young woman?

At the same time I feel so proud. Proud to the point of tears. I may not have gotten to experience her first smile, her first steps, her first lost tooth, her first day of school, oh, I could go on and on.....BUT, God has allowed me to be the Mom that sends her off to a Christ centered college on a full ride scholarship trusting her to HIM! How lucky I am. How greatful I am. How humbled I am. To witness the true miracle of who she has become despite the circumstances that she has had to endure.

She is a conqueror. Most people would have given up after going through all she has been through at her young age, but she, SHE STANDS TALL, SHE STANDS PROUD!!! As she should. To each and every person that has said to her and about her that she will become a "product of the system", I say..."LOOK WHAT GOD HAS DONE"!

And I say to my beautiful blessing of a daughter.....You have challenged me in many ways to become a better person. I thank you for just being you. I pray that you take your faith with you as you go so far away. And NEVER, EVER, forget what God has given us in our relationship!!!

I love you, my sweet Crystal Rose :-)

1 comment:

  1. Janine, She is a living miracle! She is a testimony of the life-changing power of Christ! Praise God for her!

    ReplyDelete